Caramel-roasted Apricots With Vanilla Ice Cream
- 10 apricots, halved
- 225g/8oz caster sugar
- 1 orange, juice only
- 25g/1oz butter
- 25g/1oz Marcona almonds, roughly chopped
- 25g/1oz hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 25g/1oz pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
- 200g/7oz raspberries
- 500ml/18fl oz vanilla ice cream
How to make it
- 1. Preheat the oven to 200C/390F/Gas 6.
- 2. Place the apricots, cut side up, onto a roasting tray.
- 3. Heat a frying pan until hot, add the caster sugar and cook for two minutes until you have a light caramel.
- 4. Add the orange juice and butter and swirl to combine.
- 5. Sprinkle the nuts over the apricots, then pour over the orange caramel and toss lightly to combine.
- 6. Place in the oven and roast for five minutes.
- 7. Add the raspberries and return to the oven for two more minutes.
- 8. To serve, arrange a ball of vanilla ice cream in the centre of each of four plates.
- 9. Place five apricot halves around the edge of each ice cream serving, then spoon over the caramel and raspberries. Serve immediately.