Ricotta And Gorgonzola Cheese Ball
- 1 whole bulb of garlic separated into cloves
- 8 oz ricotta cheese at room temp
- 4 oz gorgonzola cheese crumbled
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 fresh sage leaves
- 1/3 cup walnuts finely chopped
How to make it
- Line a collander with cheesecloth.
- Meanwhile boil peeled garlic for 20 minutes and
- drain well.
- Mince garlic.
- Beat ricotta smooth and stir in the gorgonzola till smooth.
- Beat in cream with the salt and minced garlic to the mixture.
- Dampen another large piece of cheesecloth and line with 2 sage leaves in center.
- Spoon cheese mixture over sage and form into a ball.
- Tie ends of cloth together, pressing gently to reshape.
- Place in the cheesecloth lined colander and place over a bowl to drain.
- Chill for 24 hours.
- Unmold cheese onto a platter and stud with walnuts.
- Serve sage side up.
- Allow to stand 1 hour before serving with assorted breads and crackers