Chicken Salad With Bacon
- 3 cups cooked diced chicken
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled ( adds great taste!)
- 2 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- 1 can (8oz) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3/4 cup Hellman's or Best mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh or dried
- 2 tablespoons finely minced green onions
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger or cumin..you choice
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Slices of ripe avocado
- Green Grapes
- Boston lettuce
How to make it
- Combine first chicken, bacon, water chestnuts and celery and in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients to make the dressing. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Combine dressing with chicken mixture, using as much or as little as necessary to moisten as desired.
- You may add a little more mayonnaise if you like a creamier salad. Chill and stir again before serving.
- Serve on your favorite bread, with avocado.
- Or on lettuce leaves, with green grapes.