Chicken And Dumplings
- 3 pounds chicken, cut up
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 3 ribs celery chopped
- 2 bullion cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups jiffy or biscuit mix
- 2/3 cup milk
How to make it
- In a large stock pan place chicken, onion, celery, bullion, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add 4 quarts of water.
- Bring to a simmer and simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Remove chicken and when cool enough to touch, pull meat into bite size pieces, discarding skin and bones. Return chicken to pot. Bring back to a simmer.
- In a bowl, mix biscuit mix and milk. Using a tablespoon scoop, drop into simmering soup. Do not stir the dumplings!!
- Cover and cook for about 10 minutes.