Sweet Potato Apple Bake
- 1 large cooking apple peeled and quartered
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs separated at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1-1/2 teaspoons margarine
- Apple slices
- Lemon juice
How to make it
- Place apple quarters in a saucepan then cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 8 minutes then drain well.
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl and add apples.
- Top with cover and process until smooth.
- Combine apples, sweet potatoes, egg yolks and vanilla then stir well and set aside.
- Beat egg whites until peaks are stiff but not dry then fold into sweet potato mixture.
- Pour mixture into a 1 quart casserole coated with cooking spray then dot with margarine and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Garnish with apple slices dipped in lemon juice if desired.