- Time 120 minutes
- Serves 6
- 1 bone-in rib-eye roast from your favorite stockist.
- 1/4 cup of equal parts onion salt, seasoned salt, and garlic powder
How to make it
- Pat the salt mixture on both ends and the fat side of the roast. The salt may not stick that well on the fat side but don't worry unduly
- Pre-heat oven as high as it will go. Usually 500 degrees F
- Stick the roast in a Dutch oven preferably on a small rack that will lift it off the oven bottom. Bone side down (fat side up). Get a meat thermometer and stick it in the middle of the roast
- Cook the roast in the oven for 5-6 minutes per pound
- Don't take open the oven door for at least 2 Hours (depending of size of roast)
- After two hours take it out and check the temperature
- If its 140 degrees it's perfect.
- If it's cooler, put it back in the oven at 375 degrees until it hits 140 degrees
- This will yield a Perfect Medium Rare Prime Rib
- Don't ask how to do medium or well done roast because cooking
- prime rib beyond medium rare is sin
- Invite me over to share your success!