Fannie Flagg Fried Green Tomatoes
- 2 medium green tomatoes, chilled
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup hot bacon drippings
How to make it
- Cut tomatoes into 1/2-inch slices.
- Stir together mustard and next 5 ingredients. Spread on both sides of tomato slices. Coat with cornmeal.
- Fry tomatoes in hot drippings in a skillet over medium heat 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Drain.