Southern Squash Casserole
- 2 lbs yellow squash, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter + extra for topping
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup grated sharp chedder cheese
- 3/4 cup crackers, crushed (regular, not whole weat)
- Extra crackers for topping. Ritz works great
How to make it
- Boil squash and onions until tender; drain well
- Add butter,cheese, cracker crumbs,egg and salt.
- Pour in well-greased baking or caserole dish
- Top with Ritz or regular cracker crumbs and dot with butter.
- Bake at 375 for about 20-25 minutes, or until crackers start to brown.