Best Ground Beef Chili
- Time 112 minutes
- Serves 16
- 3 lbs. ground beef or ground chicken
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs chopped
- 2 16 ounce cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 16 ounce can tomato puree
- 1 16 ounce jar salsa
- 1 14/1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can condensed beef broth
- 1-2 cups water
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Worstershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- j2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coursely ground pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons browning sauce (optional)
- additional chopped onions (optional)
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
How to make it
- In a large dutch oven, cook the beef and the next 3 ingredients over medium heat until meat is browned and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Stir in the beans and remaining ingredients, except the additional onions and cheddar cheese.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat; simmer uncovered, for 30 minutes or until chili reaches desire thickness.
- Ladle into serving bowls; garnish with chopped onion an cheddar cheese if desired.