Egg Scramble With Cheese Sauce
- 1 cup diced bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 12 beaten eggs
- 3 ounce can mushrooms drained
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Cheese Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cheese shredded
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
How to make it
- In large skillet cook onion and bacon in butter until tender then drain off excess fat.
- Add eggs and scramble just until set then fold in mushrooms.
- Make cheese sauce by melting butter then stirring in flour and salt until smooth.
- Add milk and cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Bring to boil then add cheese and stir to melt.
- Fold cheese sauce into eggs then place mixture in rectangular baking pan.
- Combine soft bread crumbs, butter and paprika then sprinkle on eggs.
- Cover and chill until 30 minutes before serving.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes.