Fried Cuban Marinated Steak
- 4-6 top round or other flavorful steaks, 4 to 6 oz (110-170 g)
- each, pounded to a thickness of 1/4 inch (5 mm)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 Tbs (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped parsley
How to make it
- Sprinkle the steaks with garlic, lime juice, salt, and pepper and
- marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- Remove the steaks from marinade and pat dry, reserving the remaining marinade.
- Heat the oil until it is very hot in a large heavy skillet over moderate
- heat. Saute the steaks for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer he steaks to a serving platter and keep in a warm oven.
- Add the onion and reserved marinade to the skillet and saute until the onion is slightly wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Garnish the steaks with the onion and parsley and serve immediately.