Best Fried Egg Sandwich
- 2 slices of beef bologna (or pork, if that's your thing)
- 1 large egg
- 2 slices of your favorite bread (I like that grainy whole wheat stuff)
- 1 (optional) slice of American cheese
- black pepper
How to make it
- Heat up the skillet, then toss the bologna in it and let it sizzle a moment - there's no oil necessary, since we're talking about bologna, here.
- when it's as hot as you want it on one side, flip it
- stick the bread in the toaster - that is, if you like toasted bread.
- take the bologna out and crack the egg into the skillet; add a little pepper to it, if you like
- depending on your interest in the runny-ness factor, over-ease the egg (I tend to flatten my egg since I hate yellow egg goo)
- pop out your toast, top one piece with the bologna, and cheese if you want it, and spread a little mustard and black pepper
- top with the egg and the second piece of bread - the cheese will have melted in seconds and the whole thing should still be too hot to bite into right away.