Smoked Boston Butt
- Time 180 minutes
- Serves 6
- 5 pound pork butt roast
- 4 Tbs. house seasoning (recipe follows)
- 2 Tbs. seasoned salt
- 4 Tbs. liquid smoke
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup water
- 3 bay leaves
- Barbeque sauce of choice for serving
How to make it
- House seasoning:
- 1 cup salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Sprinkle 1 side of roast with 2 Tab. of house seasoning, making sure to rub well.
- Flip the roast over and rub the remaining 2 Tab. of house seasoing.
- Repeat the process with the seasoned salt & liquid smoke
- Place roast in large roasting pan.
- Add the onion, water and bay leaves to the roast
- Place in oven and cook for 2 1/2 - 3 hours, or until thermometer reads 170*.
- Let meat cool for a few minutes and then slice
- Serve with your favorite barbeque sauce