Summer Rum Cake
- 1-yellow cake mix (but attempting right now with a spiced cake mix)
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 c. oil (vegetable)
- 1/2 c. rum (used Malibu in this recipe)
- 4 eggs
- 1 small french vanilla pudding mix (do not make pudding with it)
- 1/2 c. chopped nuts (optional and your choice...peacans rock!!)
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1/8 c. water
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. run (again using Malibu)
How to make it
- 1. MIx all of cake ingredients together in mixer until smooth.
- 2. Optional: place nuts in bottom of BUNDT cake pan.
- 3. Place in oven at 325 degrees for 55 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean)
- 4. Place all frosting ingredients in small saucepan, boil and stir continuously until melted.
- 5. When cake is finished in oven, LEAVE in pan, and pour frosting mixture around OUTSIDE rim of pan.
- 6. Cool, cover with seran wrap; does not need to chill. The center will be very dense with all of the buttery, rummy goodness.