Warm Cherry Coffee Cake
- Time 35 minutes
- Serves 12
- about 3 cups flour
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 pkt active dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cut up
- 2 large eggs
- 1, 21 oz can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- 3 to 4 tsp milk to make a glaze consistency
How to make it
- In a bowl combine 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar and yeast and salt.
- In saucepan heat milk, butter and water to warm and to melt butter.
- Add to dry ingredients and beat til lmoistened.
- Beat in eggs till smooth.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft but a bit sticky dough.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place till double.
- Stir down dough and spoon 2/3rds of dough in a a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Top with pie filling and drop on remaining dough by spoonfuls.
- Bake preheated 350 for about 35 to 45 minutes or tested done.
- Cool on rack.
- Combine glaze ingerdients till smooth and drizzle over warm cake
- Serve warm or room temp.