Spinach Romaine Salad With Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1 bag of baby spinach leaves, chopped coarsely
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped coarsely
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 can mandarin oranges, drained well
- 1 to 2 cups pecans, walnuts or almonds, toasted
- (toast nuts by placing them in a hot skillet with about a tablespoon of butter and stir constantly until nuts begin to “toast” or turn a golden brown)
- Poppy Seed Dressing (posted seperately under "Poppy Seed Dressing in the Blender"
How to make it
- Toss all salad ingredients together just before serving.
- Drizzle poppy seed dressing over all, using as much or as little as you prefer. The dressing is quite sweet, so let your taste buds be your guide!
- Serve immediately.