Best Ever Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup unrefined sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp sea salt
- 1⁄3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄4 tsp blackstrap molasses
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup organic canola oil (a little generous 1/4 cup)
- 1⁄3 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- In a bowl, sift in the flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add the sugar and salt, and stir until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the maple syrup with the molasses and vanilla, then stir in the oil until well combined.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry, along with the chocolate chips, and stir through until just well combined (do not overmix).
- Place large spoonfuls of the batter on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and flatten a little.
- Bake for 11 minutes, until just golden (if you bake for much longer, they will dry out).
- Let cool on the sheet for no more than 1 minute (again, to prevent drying), then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Makes 8-10 large cookies.