Vegan Cashew Ginger Tofu
- 1/3 c cashew butter
- 3 1/2 tbsp tamari
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 3/4 c water
- 1 pkg (12 oz/350 g) firm or extra firm tofu (frozen or fresh) sliced into 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick slices, patted to remove excess moisture.
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Using a hand blender or food processor, puree first 6 ingredients until smooth.
- Add water and blend again.
- Pour a little mixture into the bottom of an 8 x 12 baking dish, add tofu in single layer, top with remaining mixture.
- At this point, either cover and refrigerate to marinate 1 hr, or bake immediately.
- To bake, cover with aluminum foil and bake 15 minutes. Remove foil, stir well, and bake an additional 5-7 minutes, until sauce has thickened slightly.
- Serve immediately over a whole grain, alongside a light salad.