Filipino Pancit Bihon
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 lb. cooked shrimp (optional)
- 1 lb. Bihon noodles or thin rice noodles, soak in water for 10 minutes.
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 shallots, minced
- 1/2 med. Napa or Chinese cabbage, sliced fine
- 1 small pkg of matchstick carrots
- 1 c. Green beans, cut diagonally Like French cut green beans
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp. soy sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
How to make it
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Sauté garlic and shallots until soft.
- Add the chicken breast, salt, pepper & soy sauce. Sauté for a few minutes to lightly brown chicken.
- Add carrots, green beans & shrimp if using. Cover and cook for a few minutes then add Napa cabbage and chicken broth until it comes to a boil.
- Once the vegetables are all done, Add the bihon noodles mixing well to distribute the flavors.
- Cook for about 5 more minutes or until the noodles are soft. Taste and adjust seasonings to desired taste.