- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb, hot sausage
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 6 to 8 garlic gloves, minced
- 1 can (29 oz)tomato sauce
- 1 cp white zinfandel
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 package (8oz) lasagna noodles
- 4 cps (16 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cps (12 oz) small-curd cottage cheese
- 1/2 cp grated Parmesan cheese
How to make it
- In a skillet, cook beef, sausage,onion and garlic over med. heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt and oregano; mix well. Spread a fourth of the meat sauce in an ungreased 5-qt slow cooker.
- Arrange a third of the noodles over sauce (break the noodles if necessary). Combine the cheeses; spoon a third of the mixture over noodles.
- Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining meat sauce.
- Pour 1 cup of white zinfadel over top of lasagna.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until noodles are tender.