Vegan Coconut Rice
- 1 tbsp margarine
- 1 c basmati rice
- 1 c water
- 2/3 c canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- slivered or chopped toasted almonds (optional)
How to make it
- Melt margarine over medium heat.
- Add rice and sauté until it begins to turn opaque, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in water and coconut milk, bring to boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low; cook until rice is cooked through and liquid is absorbed, about 18 minutes.
- Add salt to taste. Serve topped with almonds.