Nutty Asparagus Casserole
- 60 ounces canned cut asparagus drained with liquid reserved
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 2 ounce jar sliced pimientos drained
- 30 buttery crackers
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
How to make it
- Preheat oven then place drained asparagus in rectangular baking dish.
- Melt butter in saucepan then blend in flour.
- Gradually stir in half the reserved asparagus liquid.
- Bring sauce to a boil stir constantly until thickened then season with salt and pepper.
- Add cheese, pimientos and remaining asparagus liquid then pour sauce over asparagus.
- Mix lightly and carefully then sprinkle with cracker crumbs and almonds.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.