Pan Roasted Ribeye With Caramelized Onions And Gorgonzola Cheese From Whitestone Inn
- ONION AND GORGONZOLA CHEESE MIXTURE
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large onion (use two onions if smaller)
- ½ cup chopped smoked ham
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons scallion greens or chives
- ½ cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- RIBEYE AND SEASONINGS
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 10-ounce ribeye steaks
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons coarse black pepper
- 1 pinch of red pepper flake
How to make it
- ONIONS AND GORGONZOLA CHEESE MIXTURE
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat and when it is hot, add the onions, ham and pepper stir for about 8 minutes till caramelized.
- Add garlic and rosemary.
- Cook another minute, add the wine and allow cooking for one more minute.
- Add cream and scallions along with half the cheese and reduce for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
- When it becomes a nice thick cream shut the heat off and mix in the remaining cheese.
- RIBEYES AND SEASONINGS
- Season the ribeye with salt and peppers on both sides, add olive oil to a large skillet and heat on medium high.
- Sear steaks to your liking and top with onions and gorgonzola cheese mixture.