Two Ingredient Beer Bread
- 1, 12 ounce can of beer (any beer will do)
- 2 2/3 cups of self-rising flour
How to make it
- Preheat oven 375°.
- Lightly grease a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan or cover the pan with "Release" aluminum foil. ( I double the recipe and use a 13x9 inch pan.)
- Put flour in a medium bowl and add the can of beer.
- Stir the mixture only until it starts to hold together and looks moist.
- Scoop the dough into the pan and bake 50-55 minutes.
- Check to see if the top of the bread has lightly browned and test with a tooth pick or wooden skewer as you would a cake.
- Cool for 10 minutes then slide the bread on to a baking rack to finish cooling.
- *If you love rye bread, add 2 tsp. of caraway seeds and one small chopped onion before placing the dough in the pan.
- Thanks to gather.com for the picture! (Did someone out there borrow my camera?)