Orange Peel Cookies
- Time 30 minutes
- Serves 24
- 1/2 lb. butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup candied orange peel, chopped
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
How to make it
- Oven: 325°F
- Beat the butter and sugar until creamy and smooth.
- Beat in the salt and flour until large clumps form.
- Add orange peel, zest, juice, and vanilla. Mix well and press the dough into a tight ball.
- Shape according to how you want your slices to come out (rectangles, squares, rounds, wedges), wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- Slice the dough to 1/4 inch thickness and place on cookie sheet with enough space between for spreading.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool completely on cooling racks.
- Melt chocolate gently (temper it if you will, but I am too lazy).
- Dip cooled cookies in chocolate or drizzle with chocolate and let cool until chocolate sets.