Sunshine Summer Squash Soup
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil or Grapeseed Oil
- 1 Large Onion, minced
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 3 lbs. Squash, thinly sliced
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Half and Half
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp White Pepper
- Your favorite cheese, shredded - I sometimes use Cheddar and/or Parmesan (optional) for topping
- Croutons (optional ) for topping
- Chopped chives or parsley (optional) for topping
- Bacon Crumbles (optional) for topping
How to make it
- Heat butter and oil in large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Saute until translucent and soft.
- Add squash and chicken stock. Simmer until tender.
- Transfer to processor in batches, processing until smooth, adding Half and Half while you are processing.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Soup should be fairly thick. You may add more half and half if too thick.
- Add toppings, or serve as is!
- Hot or Cold