- Time 60 minutes
- Serves 12
- A large glass bowl or trifle bowl ( I have used the top of a cake cover in an trifle emergency situation).
- 8 Twinkies, shortcake sponges,or an 8 inch white sponge cake
- 2 packages of Jell-o, the flavor of your choice, already prepared and set
- 2 cans fruit cocktail, drained
- 4 oz fresh strawberries, sliced, reserve 8 slices for decorating the top
- 2 bananas, sliced into coins
- 2 boxes Jell-o instant pudding, vanilla flavor, already prepared, or two cans custard
- 1 can of spray whipped cream, or 1 small bowl of whipped cream
How to make it
- We are going to make layers:
- Place all of the Twinkies, sponges or cake in the bottom of the dish or bowl and gently flatten until the bototm of the bowl is evenly covered and the cake is level.
- Spoon in one half of the fruit cocktail and spread evenly.
- Spoon in one half of the Jell-o and spread evenly
- Place half of the strawberries and bananas evenly on top of the
- Spoon half of the vanilla pudding or custard evenly on top of the strawberries and bananas.
- Start your layers again, starting with the fruit cocktail and ending with the pudding.
- Top with whipped cream and decorate with the remaining strawberry slices.
- Chill for at least an hour or longer before serving.
- *You can use any flavor jell-o you like, but stick with the vanilla pudding.
- *You can use any fruit you like.