Mexican EggplantFrom bonjody 8 years ago
- 1 large eggplant shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- a 15-ox. can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 4-oz. can chopped green chilis shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt shopping list
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese shopping list
- 6 ripe olives, sliced shopping list
- 1 8-oz. cup sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Peel and slice eggplant; brush both sides of each slice with oil.
- Place in a single layer on a greased baking sheet nd bake20 minutes at 450 degrees.
- Combine tomato sauce, chiles, green onion, cumin, and garlic salt in a saucepan.
- Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- In a flat greased casserole, layer eggplant, sauce and cheese.
- Top with sour cream and olives.
- Bake uncovered at 350 deg. for 20 minutes.
- Bon Appetit!