Pea And Ham Soup
- Time 480 minutes
- Serves 8
- 250g dried split peas, rinsed
- 1 cup bacon pieces (or 1 ham bone, or 1 meaty ham hock)
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 rib celery, plus leaves, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 qt bacon stock, or hot water and stock cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make it
- Layer the ingredients in your slow cooker, pour in stock. DO NOT STIR.
- Cover and cook on High for 4 to 5 hours, or on Low for 8 hours, until peas are very soft.
- This recipe freezes well, too!