JunketFrom notyourmomma 8 years ago
How to make it
- Heat milk to lukewarm (90 degrees F.) in double boiler.
- Add sugar and flavoring, and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add rennet dissolved in water and pour into dish from which the custard is to be served.
- Let stand until cool and firm.
- Serve with cream, soft custard, fruit or fruit syrup.
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, coconut, chocolate or cocoa or other flavoring may be substituted for the vanilla.
- I'm thinking this is the precursor to a pannacotta?
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating5 people
Interesting .....Nice post
you got my 5grizzlybear in loved it
OMG.....I haven't thought of this in years! My Grandmother made it for us! Nice post!pat2me in Nashua loved it
This is classic old school deliciousness. You rock, hon - thanks!lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!