Japanese Tonkatsu Fried Pork Cutlet
- 4 pork chops
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs (Japanese Bread Crumbs)
- Canola oil for frying
How to make it
- Trim the fatty part of porks, if there is any (for a healthier option).
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the porks.
- Roll porks lightly on flour until coated.
- Dip the pork sin beaten egg.
- Roll porks sonto the bread crumbs.
- Fry the porks in heated oiluntil it turns brown (make sure oil is hot)
- Turn over the porks and fry them a few more minutes.
- Take out the porks and put them on a paper towel to drain the oil.
- Slice porks into smaller pieces.
- Serve porks with warm rice and tonkatsu sauce for dipping (see my recipe for homemade tonkatsu sauce)