Green Chile Casserole With Cornbread Topping
- Into a 9x9 casserole, place:
- 4-oz can whole, fire-roasted green chiles (drained, and split open)
- Spread over chiles:
- 2 cups grated cheese (I like a cheddar/jack blend)
- Beat together:
- 2 eggs
- 2 T flour
- 12-oz can evaporated milk
- Pour egg-milk mixture over cheese mixture.
- Add on top:
- 1/2 of 15-oz can whole kernel corn (drained)
- Make topping by mixing:
- 1/2 cup dry Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 1 egg
How to make it
- Dollop topping mixture over casserole -- it won't cover the entire
- surface, but that's fine.
- Bake 45-50 minutes at 350.
- Cut into 9 squares; plan on 2 squares per person.