Southern Pork Roast And Vegetables
- Time 120 minutes
- Serves 6
- Southern Pork Roast & Vegetables
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper, divided
- 2 1/2 pounds of pork loin roast
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 medium onion, chipped
- 4 carrots cut into short pieces
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in half
- 2 cups (1 1/2-inch) cubed turnips (OPTIONAL, BUT GOOD!)
How to make it
- Rub 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the black
- pepper on the roast and dredge the roast in the flour.
- Brown the roast on all sides in butter and oil in a deep, large cast iron skillet.
- Remove the roast from the skillet and drain.
- Cook the onion in the skillet with the drippings until tender and place the roast over the onions.
- Add the carrots and potatoes and sprinkle the remaining salt and pepper over the vegetables.
- Cover the skillet and bake at 350 degrees for about 1 1/2 hours. Place the roast on a serving dish and place the vegetables around it.
- Slice and serve.
- Please see: Pork Loin And Gravy