Black Rum Chocolate Cake
- Time 60 minutes
- Serves 10
- 1 package chocolate cake mix
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 small chocolate instant pudding divided
- 1 cup black rum
- 1 cup raspberry preserves
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 ounce vanilla baking bar square
- 4 eggs
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine cake mix , pudding, egg 1/2 cup rum, water and oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Using an electric mixer beat at low speed until moistened then at medium speed 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup of the chocolate pieces then pour batter into greased rube pan and bake 50 minutes.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes then remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
- Heat raspberry preserves and place cake on a serving platter.
- Prick surface of cake with a fork several times then brush glaze over top in several batches.
- Combine remaining 1 cup chocolate then microwave on high for 1 minute until melted.
- Stir until smooth then spoon chocolate icing over cake and allow to stand 10 minutes.
- Combine vanilla baking bar and 1 teaspoon water then microwave on high 30 seconds.
- Drizzle over top of icing.