Beef Brisket In Beer
- 1 fresh beef brisket (2 1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 2 tsp. liquid smoke, optional
- 1 tsp. celery salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 can (12-oz.) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
How to make it
- Cut brisket in half; rub with liquid smoke if desired, celery salt, pepper and salt.
- Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- Top with onion.
- Combine beer and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until tender.
- Remove brisket and keep warm.
- Strain cooking juices;transfer to a small saucepan.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juices.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Thinly slice beef across the grain; serve with gravy.