Lemon Tea Cookies
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
How to make it
- In large bowl, Beat butter, 1/3 C powdered sugar, and vanilla with mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Stir in flour until dough forms.
- Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes
- Heat oven to 350°F Shape dough into 1" balls.
- Place balls 2" apart. Press thumb into center of each ball to make indentation.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to cooling racks and cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In 1 qt saucepan, heat all filling ingredients over low heat about 25 minutes, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened.
- Cool about 15 minutes.
- Fill each thumbprint with rounded 1/4 tsp filling. Sprinkle 1 T powdered sugar over cookies.