Great Northern Bean Chili
- Time 360 minutes
- Serves 8
- 1 pound large white great northern beans
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 medium yellow onions chopped
- 8 ounce can chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups uncooked chicken cut in cubes
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
How to make it
- Rinse beans in a colander under running water discarding any discolored beans.
- Place beans in large covered roaster and cover with water and allow to soak overnight.
- Add remaining ingredients except cheese and bake in 350 oven for 6 hours stirring occasionally.
- Add additional water or broth as needed.
- Top with pepper jack cheese then serve immediately.