- Time 40 minutes
- Serves 12
- 1/4 lb margarine, melted
- 2 1/2 c milk
- 1/4 can evaporated milk (3 ounces)
- 1 egg
- 1 c sugar
- 1 oz vanilla extract
- 3/4 c raisins
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 loaf stale bread, broken into fairly small pieces
How to make it
- Soak the bread in a quart of warm water. (If you use fresh bread, or at least not stale bread, use your judgment abotu how much or if it needs to soak)
- Once all bread is thoroughly soaked, gently squeeze the excess water out and set the bread to one side.
- Discard the water.
- Mix all ingredients except the bread in a bowl.
- Add the bread and mix.
- Spread the mixed ingredients on the bottom of a deep baking pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool before cutting.