Best Ever Cinnamon Rolls With Cake Mix
- Time 30 minutes
- Serves 12
- 2 packages dry yeast
- 2-1/2 cups lukewarm water
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5-1/4 cups all purpose flour
- Soft butter
- Sugar and cinnamon
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 1/2 stick butter melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
How to make it
- Dissolve yeast in warm water for 3 minutes then add cake mix, 1 cup flour, eggs, oil and salt.
- Beat well until bubbles appear then slow add flour and stir until soft dough forms.
- Knead on well floured board for 5 minutes then place in greased bowl and let rise until doubled.
- Punch down dough and divide into 3 equal parts.
- Roll out dough on board then spread with softened butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Roll up like jellyroll then cut with dull knife into 1" thickness.
- Place in a greased baking pan and allow to rise until doubled.
- To make glaze mix sugar, butter and vanilla then stir in milk to desired consistency.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes then ice with powdered glaze while still hot.