Key Lime Cheesecake Bars
- REFRIGERATE 8-24 HOURS
- 6 squares low-fat honey graham crackers, finely crushed (1/2 cup)
- 2 Tbsp. margarine, melted
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 4-serving-size pkg. sugar-free low-calorie lime-flavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 16-oz. container fat-free cottage cheese (1-3/4 cups)
- 1 8-oz. pkg. fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 8-oz. container frozen fat-free whipped dessert topping, thawed
- Key Limes or limes, cut in wedges (optional)
- Note: I don't use sugar or fat-free anything. I prefer Redi-whip or real whipped cream...just not happy aabout all the additives in things. But that's me. Fix according to your likes or dislikes.
How to make it
- In small bowl combine graham crackers, margarine, and sugar. Press crumb mixture in the bottom of a 2-quart square baking dish. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- In large bowl combine gelatin and water. Stir until gelatin is dissolved. Set aside.
- In blender or food processor combine cottage cheese and cream cheese.
- Cover and blend or process until smooth, stopping several times to scrape down sides.
- Whisk 1/2 cup of the cottage cheese mixture into the gelatin mixture. Whisk in remaining cottage cheese mixture until smooth.
- Fold in whipped dessert topping.
- Spoon filling over chilled crumb mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate 8 to 24 hours or until filling is firm. To serve, cut in squares. Top with lime wedges.
- That's it! Enjoy!