Rio Grande Pork Roast
- Time 135 minutes
- Serves 8
- 4 pound boneless pork loin roast rolled and tied
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup apple jelly
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup crushed corn chips
How to make it
- Rub roast on all sides with salt, garlic salt, and 1/2 teaspoon chili powder.
- Place roast fat side up on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Insert meat thermometer into thickest part of roast making sure thermometer does not touch fat.
- Bake at 325 for 2 hours or until thermometer registers 165.
- Combine jelly, ketchup, vinegar and 1 teaspoon chili powder in small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 2 minutes.
- Brush roast with jelly mixture then sprinkle with corn chips.
- Return to oven and bake at 325 for 15 minutes.
- Serve with sauce.