Tuscany Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces fontina cheese crumbled
- 2 roasted red sweet pepper halves
- 6 fresh sage leaves crushed
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
How to make it
- Rinse chicken then pat dry with paper towels.
- Place each breast half boned side up between two pieces of clear plastic wrap.
- Working from center to the edges pound lightly with flat side of a meat mallet to 1/4" thickness.
- Remove plastic wrap then sprinkle chicken with black pepper.
- Layer cheese, pepper halves and sage in center of each breast.
- Fold in sides then roll up pinwheel style pressing the edges to seal.
- Coat chicken with flour then heat oil over medium heat in skillet.
- Cook chicken 5 minutes turning to brown all sides then remove from skillet.
- In same skillet bring wine or broth to boiling then reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered about 2 minutes or until 1/4 cup liquid remains then return chicken to skillet.
- Cover and simmer 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- To serve spoon juices over chicken.