Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies
- Time 12 minutes
- Serves 48
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups quick cooking oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) bag butterscotch chips
How to make it
- Cream together butter and sugar; beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, stirring in chips lastly.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes, until very lightly browned around edges.
- NOTE: I prefer these slightly underbaked so they come out soft and gooey - if you like them crispier, you may want to adjust the cooking time.
- Cool on waxed paper before storing in a covered container.
- NOTE: Sometimes I go a little crazy and add chocolate chips, too, and maybe some toffee bits, but my favorite still remains all butterscotch chips.