Shredded Chicken Tacos
- Time 480 minutes
- Serves 10
- 8 (about 3 pounds) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2" strips
- 1 onion, peeled quartered
- 6 cloves garlic (I'm a HUGE garlic fan, use less if you like), peeled and smashed
- 1 14 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 4 oz can green chiles
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 tbs cumin
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 2 bay leaves
- Several dashes chipotle hot sauce (to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Flour or corn tortillas
- Taco toppings (guacamole, sour cream, salsa, cheese, lettuce, beans ect)
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients in a 4-5 quart crock pot and cook on low for about 8 hours.
- Remove chicken from "broth" and shred with two forks.
- Discard onion, bay leaves, and garlic cloves (if you can find them)
- Put shredded chicken back in crock pot for another 30 minutes or so- this step is optional, but I think it makes for more flavorful meat.
- Serve with taco fixings and enjoy!