Chocolate Chip Cookie Brittle
- Time 20 minutes
- Serves 48
- 1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together softened butter, vanilla, and salt.
- Add granulated sugar and mix well.
- Add flour and stir until well-blended.
- Mix in chocolate chips until thoroughly combined.
- Press evenly into ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Break into irregular pieces.
- May substitute peanut butter chips, milk chocolate chips, or white chocolate chips for variation.
- Store in tightly-covered container.