Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- 6 U-4 or U-8 shrimp
- 3 slices of low sodium bacon(kirkland signature is best-Costco)
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- zest of one lime
- 2 TBSP lime juice
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 2 skewers
- grains of paradise in place of pepper
- red chilli flakes
How to make it
- Peel and devein the shrimp, sometimes you will find this done for you in stores.
- marinade the shrimp in a glass bowl, using lime juice salt, pepper, olive oil, garlic and lime zest, leave to sit for atleast 5 mins to let flavors infuse or up to 2 hours before cooking
- microwave the bacon between two pieces of paper for 1 minute.
- slice the bacon strips on half lengthwise
- wrap each shrimp with a slice of bacon and place on skewer
- grill the shrimp on medium setting until the shrimp is pink or the bacon gets crispy, about 10 mins.
- you can also bake it in the oven if you want, set the oven to 350 F
- bake untill bacon gets crispy or the shrimp is pink. about 10 minutes again.
- you can garnish on a serving plate with 1/2 TBSP chopped cilantro, few slices of lime and a sprinkle of paprika