Ground Beef Chili
- Time 105 minutes
- Serves 8
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (46 fluid ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 cups canned red beans, drained and rinsed
How to make it
- Place ground beef in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown.
- Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- Add all ingredients to a large kettle.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.