Potato Chip Crusted Fried Chicken Breasts
- 2 cups cilantro leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeño, seeded
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- One 5 1/2-ounce bag potato chips, finely crushed
- Four 6-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, pounded 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
How to make it
- In a blender, combine the cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, vinegar and water and puree.
- Transfer to a bowl and whisk in the mayonnaise.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- In a shallow bowl, lightly beat the eggs.
- In another shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper.
- Spread the potato chips in a third bowl.
- Lightly coat the chicken with the flour, shaking off any excess, then dip in the beaten eggs.
- Coat the chicken with the potato chips.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet until shimmering.
- Add the chicken and cook over moderately high heat until golden and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer to plates.
- Serve at once with the cilantro sauce.