Crisco Drop Doughnut BallsFrom madmommy 6 years ago
- 1/3 C sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 C flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 C milk shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 Tbs Melted Crisco - (I've always just used the veggie oil with no problems) shopping list
- oil for deep frying shopping list
- powdered sugar for dusting (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil to 365* - or until an inch cube of bread browns in 60 seconds.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking powder, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- In another bowl mix together the sugar, milk and egg. Add melted Crisco.
- Combine the two bowls and mix together.
- Drop from a teaspoon into hot oil and fry until brown and cooked in the center (about 4 minutes).
- Drain on paper towels.
- Dust with powdered sugar if using it.
- Try not to eat them all by yourself! ;)
The Cookmadmommy Wayne, PA
The Rating6 people
I loveeeeee these! My grandmother made them when I was little.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Diane.these sound GREAT!! Thanks and a
^ ^ ^ ^ ^5!lanacountry in Macon loved it
Love the sound of these little doughnuts. I'll certainly try them. 5 forks for a great treatbrianna in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!