Fabulous Carnation Chocolate Pie
- Carnation Chocolate Pie
- This is a very famous recipe, and I believe it has been
- used in the family for well over 50 years, it is FABULOUS
- Full credit to Carnation/Nestle's company.
- Carnation® Chocolate Pie
- Our Mamas & Aunts would also make a meringue Topping :)
- (I usually make my own meringue a pre-baked pastry crust, and lightly cook it )
- (Below is The Original Carnation Pie..quite sure was
- Pre-World War 2)
- 1 prepared 9-inch (6 oz.) graham cracker crust
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- Whipped cream
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (I use toasted almonds)
How to make it
- WHISK together evaporated milk and egg yolks in medium saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat,
- stirring constantly, until mixture is very hot and thickens slightly; do not boil. Remove from heat;
- stir in morsels until completely melted and mixture is smooth.
- POUR into crust; refrigerate 3 hours or until firm. Top with whipped cream before serving; sprinkle with nuts.